Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Personal Note on the Importance of Editing & Revising


I feel that editing and revising are two different occurrences and should be done in two different steps.  Unfortunately, most of my students think they can be done in one step and need to be taught that it is two steps.  Many of them feel that they are the same thing.  Thankfully, after the lesson on editing and revising, they change their minds.

In the past, I felt that it didn’t matter which order you performed these steps in, but now, I beginning to change my thinking.  Revising should be done first, then editing.  Editing should be the last thing you do before you publish your work.

You must look at your work to make sure it looks (editing) as good as it sounds (revising).




------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------


WORKING my Vision!

Finishing What I Started

Popular Posts